About Yannick Gaultier
Hi, I'm Yannick Gaultier, the developer of a number of open-source projects, most of them dedicated to SEO for common Content Management Systems or browsers. I regularly write articles on this site about SEO, Joomla, WordPress or related matters. And when possible, I like attending conferences where I sometimes also speak about anything SEO.
Initially trained as a mechanical engineer, I fall into programming early on and never really looked back when given the opportunity to leave a career in a non-IT industry to become a full-time web developer.
All the projects I developed are open-source, usually GPL-licensed, with several being commercial as well.
Here are a few things I am working on or have done:
Open-source SEO projects
Extensions for Joomla
- 4SEF provides customizable SEF URLs for Joomla and prevents duplicate content SEO issues. It can take over sites running sh404SEF. It runs the same on Joomla 3 & 4.
- 4Podcast manages one or several fully-featured podcasts on a regular Joomla 3 or 4 website. It also allows distributing the podcast to common platforms such as Apple podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or PocketCasts
- sh404SEF builds SEO oriented SEF URLs (Search Engines Friendly URLs) for the Joomla CMS. Started in 2006 and currently in maintenance mode only. It also has a number of SEO features, although it only covers a fraction of what 4SEO does.
- wbAMP was a from-scratch implement of the Accelerated Mobile Pages specification for Joomla content. The first of its kind for Joomla, it received the Innovation of the Year award at JAndBeyond 2016 when initially released. wbAMP has now been discontinued.
- 4LOGS is a small utility extension with only one goal: easily find, view and manage logs files created by Joomla and 3rd-party extensions.
Extensions for WordPress
weeblrAMP is also a from-scratch implementation of the Accelerated Mobile Pages specification. Compared to other offerings, it's very complete and very customizable, ensuring fully valid AMP content in all cases.
SEO browser extensions
SEOInfo is a tool for SEOs around the web, available on Chrome and Chromium-based browsers as well as Firefox. It analyzes pages viewed on the fly, providing a wealth of technical and SEO information. In addition, it will also detect errors such as broken links, invalid HRefLang tags, blocked resources, and much more.
It also includes a structured data validator, an AMP validator and can audit pages using the full Page Speed Insight API. Right from an extension in your browser.
ClearStatus is a Hugo-based status page generator. It generates a fully-featured status page website, including Disqus-powered commenting system as a static site. It can very easily run on a Netlify for free and powers Weeblr status page.
Conference or video talks, blog posts
- What does it take to do Joomla SEO in 2022? Full video of my remote Joomla SEO talk at JoomlaDay USA 2022
- Joomla SEO en 2022: quoi faire et comment le faire ? - Full video of the Joomla SEO talk at JoomlaDay FR 2022 in Brussels, in-person event (scroll down to the bottom of the page, it was the conference closing talk!)
- What are Core Web Vitals and to they matter for your Joomla SEO? a 20 minutes video that goes through what Core Web Vitals are and whether they matter for your Joomla site SEO
- Comment Google prend en compte la vitesse des sites dans ses classements (in French, PDF) - Full talk at JoomlaDay France Virtuel 2021
- AMP on WordPress - Wordcamp Bucharest 2018 - my talk on AMP at WordCamp Bucharest
- Accelerated Mobile Pages on WordPress – Why and How? WordCamp Utrecht 2017
- Accelerated Mobile Pages on WordPress – Why and How? WordCamp Dublin 2017
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Sur WordPress (French) - WordCamp Bordeaux 2017