About Yannick Gaultier
Hi, I'm Yannick Gaultier, the developer of a number of open-source projects, most of them dedicated to SEO for common Content Management Systems or browsers. I regularly write articles on this site about SEO, Joomla, WordPress, or related matters. And when possible, I like attending conferences where I sometimes also speak about anything SEO.
Initially trained as a mechanical engineer, I fell into programming early on and never really looked back when given the opportunity to leave a career in a non-IT industry to become a full-time web developer.
All the projects I developed are open-source, usually GPL-licensed, with several being commercial as well.
Here are a few things I am working on or have done:
Open-source SEO projects
Extensions for Joomla
- 4AI is an AI-powered Joomla assistant, capable of creating, modifying, or translating content, as well as posting to social networks, for instance. It's deeply integrated with Joomla 3, 4 and 5, and uses the same tech stack: Svelte + Tailwind + our REST API
- 4SEF provides customizable SEF URLs for Joomla and prevents duplicate content SEO issues. It can take over sites running sh404SEF. It runs the same on Joomla 3, 4 and 5 and is also built with Svelte and Tailwind CSS
- 4Podcast manages one or several fully-featured podcasts on a regular Joomla 3, 4 or 5 website. It also allows distributing the podcast to common platforms such as Apple podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or PocketCasts
- sh404SEF builds SEO-oriented SEF URLs (Search Engines Friendly URLs) for the Joomla CMS. It also has a number of SEO features, although it only covers a fraction of what 4SEO does. Started in 2005 and discontinued on August 17, 2023
- wbAMP was a from-scratch implementation of the Accelerated Mobile Pages specification for Joomla content. The first of its kind for Joomla, it received the Innovation of the Year award at JAndBeyond 2016 when initially released. wbAMP has now been discontinued.
- 4LOGS is a small utility extension with only one goal: easily find, view, and manage log files created by Joomla and 3rd-party extensions.
WeeblrAMP is a from-scratch implementation of the Accelerated Mobile Pages specification, released from early 2017. Fully-featured, including being the first WordPress plugin to support AMP forms and e-commerce active content, it was discontinued in 2023.
SEO browser extensions
SEOInfo is a tool for SEOs around the web, available on Chrome and Chromium-based browsers as well as Firefox. It analyzes pages viewed on the fly, providing a wealth of technical and SEO information. In addition, it will also detect errors such as broken links, invalid HRefLang tags, blocked resources, and much more.
It also includes a structured data validator, an AMP validator, and can audit pages using the full Page Speed Insight API. Right from an extension in your browser.
ClearStatus is a Hugo-based status page generator. It generates a fully-featured status page website, including a Disqus-powered commenting system as a static site. It can very easily run on Netlify for free and powers Weeblr status page.
Conference or video talks, blog posts
- 4AI - ChatGPT dans Joomla. Full video of my talk at JoomlaDay France 2023 (in French)
- Podcasting with Joomla. Full video of my JoomlaDay USA 2023 talk
- What does it take to do Joomla SEO in 2022? Full video of my remote Joomla SEO talk at JoomlaDay USA 2022
- Joomla SEO en 2022: quoi faire et comment le faire ? - Full video of the Joomla SEO talk at JoomlaDay FR 2022 in Brussels, in-person event (scroll down to the bottom of the page, it was the conference closing talk!)
- What are Core Web Vitals and do they matter for your Joomla SEO? a 20 minutes video that goes through what Core Web Vitals are and whether they matter for your Joomla site SEO
- Comment Google prend en compte la vitesse des sites dans ses classements (in French, PDF) - Full talk at JoomlaDay France Virtuel 2021
- AMP on WordPress - Wordcamp Bucharest 2018 - my talk on AMP at WordCamp Bucharest
- Accelerated Mobile Pages on WordPress – Why and How? WordCamp Utrecht 2017
- Accelerated Mobile Pages on WordPress – Why and How? WordCamp Dublin 2017
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Sur WordPress (French) - WordCamp Bordeaux 2017