Helpdesk is open from Monday through Friday CET
#8454 – 4SEO Integration
I can't really comment on whether sh404SEF or 4SEO can solve your issues with duplicates and canonical without you defining the problem very precisely.
Both sh404SEF and 4SEO solve duplicate content and canonicalization issues but in different ways:
- sh404SEF changes pages URL from Joomla default SEF system to make sure the same content always has the same URL, regardless of how it's linked from menus. It does not use menu items to build URLs basically.
- 4SEO does not change URLs, so it can work with Joomla SEF, sh404SEF or any other SEF extension. Instead, it tries to identify duplicates and then inject canonical links where they are needed.
sh404SEF is older, requires changing all the URLs on the site but is obviously the more robust SEO-wise as it works directly with links.
4SEO is more modern, covers all the SEO requirements (you can remove JSitemap and GSD, and maybe REReplacer if you use that, any plugin for Opengraph, etc, all that is covered and more such as a powerful redirect engine for instance) and does not require URL changes. But it only injects canonicals, which are just hints and are not as powerful as just having the same URLs.
Again, without defining the actual problem, I can't say much more than explaining the global differences.
As for how they work with Zoo:
- none have direct support for Zoo
- there's a 3rd party plugin for sh404SEF and Zoo, which has been around for a long time and appears to works satisfactorily
- 4SEO does not really care about which extension produces content. It will fall short for structured data where it won't be able to automatically generate them without configuration as it does for regular Joomla content. You will have to define SD rules for each item at the moment.
weeblr.com / @weeblr