Thanks for your feedback, here are a few comments:
- is there a way (or if not now is it planned) to import metadata (title and description) from sh404sef to 4SEO? Because i have a lot of pages whith data and i would like to import it or that 4SEO could sync it directly.
Not now, this will happen only when we have an extension to replace sh404SEF on Joomla 4. You should read my last blog post about the future of sh404SEF and wbAMP to learn all about it.
- sh404sef had some analytics in the backend where i saw a few things like visitors, which pages and so on. Will this be included to 4SEO? I really used this a lot in sh404sef.
Not in the immediate future, unlikely to happen this year. Not that many people are using this feature although I do use it myself and like it very much. The other thing is that people are wanting more privacy and we added several analytics alternatives to Google. We would need to have some way of reporting data from multiple sources. What we'll do is not defined yet. Again, that won't happen in the immediate future anyway.
- would it be possible to change the url for the sitemap from sitemap-4seo.xml to something else like sitemap.xml?
Nope. We actually started by naming it sitemap.xml and changed it to sitemap-4seo.xml to prevent conflicts with actual, physical files some websites have on disk. This was preventing search engines from loading our sitemap.
- in some cases i saw that there are many pagination sites. I can't see what is the total amount of the total amout. In example errors. When there are 24 errors i just see 2 pagination sites but i dont see the total amount.
That's correct, we don't display items total on the errors or broken links page. It will be added at some point in a minor release.
- for some pages its important. There i want to see how many digits are written in the meta title and description. In sh404sef this was possible. And there was also a recommendation how long it should be. Will this come to 4SEO?
Most likely no, and most likely it will be removed from sh404SEF. Using the number of character is a pretty bad way of doing it.
In 4SEO (backend and frontend), we use a live display of the actual Google search result to give you an idea of the final output. You can use that to guide you - or just forget about this and simply write the best title and description for your content. You should likely not restrict yourself too much there.
Note that Google in particular is using your own title and description less and less (for description, they will use your meta less than 30 or 40% of the times).
- on pages i sometimes see dupl. titles or dupl. descriptions with a number. But i can't click on that to see from where this duplicate comes from or on which pages they all are so i can resolve that. Is there a way to solve i
We stopped showing the duplicates for performance reasons. With just a few thousands pages, most shared hosts servers cannot deal with the workload. At some point in the future we will introduce back some information about this.
Note that you do not really need to know which are the duplicates. What you need to do is fix the titles and/or description to make it match the page. Note also that this only matters on canonical pages, so when you look at this, you should probably also use the Only canonical selector to show you pages search engines will likely use.
- i have found very less but a few type errors. Do you want to report them anywhere?
Report them here on the helpdesk. Best is to report on the 4SEO helpdesk section though, not the Pre-Sale one as you did this time.
weeblr.com / @weeblr