sh404SEF version 4.21.0 released
We're pleased to announce the release of sh404SEF version 4.21.0. This is a maintenance release with a couple of bug fixes.
Important: sh404SEF now requires Joomla 3.9.0 or more recent. It won't install or update on older Joomla versions.
Important: As per previous notices, all our extensions now require PHP 5.6 as a minimum PHP version. sh404SEF or wbAMP will not install or update if a lower PHP version is detected.
Here are the highlights:
- Enforcing strict PHP 5.6 minimal version. Won't install with a lower PHP version
- Added 3 filters, sh404sef_meta_page_title, sh404sef_meta_description and sh404sef_meta_robots to allow programmatically updating page title, meta description and meta robots on the fly
- Added support for sh404sef_social_buttons_disable tag which blocks display of social sharing buttons if found in a page
- Only use Joomla router strict mode for com_content
- Do not use getHostByAddr to build security log files, can cause PHP warnings
- Only use the Share API on actual mobile devices. Some desktop browsers offer it now but sharing experience is bad with nearly no sharing targets available
- Smaller padding around sharing buttons
- Analytics Top URLs not displayed if some pages are reported by Google but have zero views
- Possible fatal error if creating a link to a category which has been deleted permanently
- PHP warning on 404 errors page when sharing buttons are enabled