sh404SEF version 4.20.1 released
We're pleased to announce the release of sh404SEF version 4.20.1. This is a maintenance release just after version 4.20.0 as it contained a bug whereby a fatal error could happen on some rare sites where the server path to the site had uppercase letters on it. In case of such issue, please contact the helpdesk for fixing.
Here are the highlights:
- Fatal error on sites with uppercase letters in their root path
- Redesigned and extended Analytics reports in sh404SEF control panel home and dedicated Analytics page
- Analytics reports can now be viewed from the front end, compliant to Joomla ACL (authorization)
- Frontend Analytics reports can now be accessed with a secret access key in the URL instead of having to log-ing
- Now using xlsx file format for all import operations. Much easier and reliable than previous CSV file format
- Now using Google Analytics reporting API version 4 for all reports
- Better detection of layout (blog vs list) for category pages. Should create less pages with 'table' prefix for list view while the page is a blog and should not have that prefix (the page was working fine nevertheless)
- Safer automatic redirects from Joomla SEF URLs to sh404SEF URLs: can now be enabled while retaining proper 404 errors handling
- Safer use of Joomla router for some components of the site: can now be enabled while retaining proper 404 errors handling
- Added a filter to enable protection of document format in case of rogue plugins that call Factory::getDocument() before onAfterRoute, causing RSS feeds and PDF files to be turned into HTML document
- Outbound links symbol does not show if link is https
- Pinterest button link is HTTP instead of HTTPS
Note: due to using now version 4 of Google Analytics API, you will need to perform again the authorization procedure to display traffic reports.