4SEO version 1.2.0
We're pleased to announce the release of 4SEO version 1.2.0. This is a feature release with multiple improvements and a few fixes. It is advised to Reset Analysis after updating, in order to get updated information.
Here are the highlights:
- Added sitemap control rules to exclude group of pages based on their URLs, categories or age (days since creation/modification)
- Added sitemap support for excluding archived articles, either globally or using rules for partial exclusions.
- Auto-detect, rebuild and submit sitemap when canonical or robots tags changes in a page
- Use content-base hashing for sitemaps identification, instead of random. Avoids resubmitting to search engines when sitemap is rebuilt but is actually the same as previous.
- Added setting to enable/disable applying robots.txt rules to exclude pages from analysis
- Do not collect links from pages with a nofollow meta tag
- Added option to decide whether to log external 404 errors. Avoid robots requests cluttering the error logs.
- Added full Dutch translation, thanks to Davy Renckens
- Added alerts dismissal system, messages and alerts can be permanently dismissed or be reminded later. Also added a system config button to bring back immediately alerts where 'Remind me later' has been selected.
- Content replacer now automatically avoids replacing inside of HTML elements when creating a link
- Also record external pages linked through redirects instead of just internal ones.
- Added a search box in the image file manager
- Added more protection in case of invalid canonical URL found in existing page
- Updated remote image size detection code, size of more images can be detected.