I'm posting here, because it's not allowing me to do a support ticket.

I've tried to install this component, but I'm getting an Error 500.

Please assist.
Responses (4)
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, August 23 2019, 08:48 PM - #Permalink
    Hi Keith,

Support is closed for annual holiday which is why you can't post there.

As is usual when Joomla throws a 500 error, you should set Error reporting to Maximum and disable Gzip - both in Joomla global configuration. This should display an actual error message and tells you more about what is causing the problem.

Regards
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Sunday, August 25 2019, 11:31 PM - #Permalink
    Ohhh... Sorry about that... I didn't know the support system closed completely during your Holiday.

If you want to continue here then this is what is shown as the Error with Error Reporting to Maximum and Gzip disabled:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@*************.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, August 26 2019, 09:06 AM - #Permalink
    Hi,

If you do not see any error message but the generic one you mentioned then you also need to set Debug system to Yes (in Joomla config). This will display a lot of information on all pages so do it only temporarily.

Regards
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, September 09 2019, 10:25 AM - #Permalink
    Hi

Support is back online, feel free to open a ticket as needed.

Best regards
Your Reply