Last post 3 hours 54 min ago
Posts last week 89
Average response time last week 30 min
All time posts 67735
All time tickets 10467
All time avg. posts per day 21

Helpdesk is open from Monday through Friday CET

Please create an (free) account to post any question in the support area.
Please check the development versions area. Look at the changelog, maybe your specific problem has been resolved already!
All tickets are private and they cannot be viewed by anyone. We have made public only a few tickets that we found helpful, after removing private information from them.

#6403 – Too many 404 spaming and links from administrator

Posted in ‘Pre-sale questions’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Sunday, 09 April 2017 15:05 UTC
mivanova
Hi
i have a website running Sh404SEf and when i check the 404 requests manager, there are always tons of spam urls like

vhhbke-m20163213-wsyeud-zutaiq-u45999-kuip.htm
m20163216-ljgwyd-ztubhl-ohrkno-fatk/ehvffys-u6809-jmbj-wvbd-gzzlzh-mhjzleqy-kwhqkb-qekn-kbccwvmp.htm
m20163216-dmsumnrc-twpxevs-u43946-vkzhgxt-kiwxh-lmvsrl-pyeroj-gmydaq-xstovi

and so many others from administrator .

i sign up for " Project Honey Pot " and entered the code in the security tab. but nothing has been changed,
please help me fixing this issue

Thanks

Monday, 10 April 2017 06:49 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

It is normal (well, at least usual) to get many 404s on a public website. As you said, those are spamming, or often random attacks attempts. You'll probably find attacks on Joomla extensions you do not have on your site (especially the "administrator" ones), or WordPress or Drupal attacks. It costs less to spammers to just send the attacks and see if it works, rather than first test a site to identify the extensions/vulnerabilities they have.

Those happens on your site regardless of having sh404SEF. Happens on all site. However indeed with sh404SEF, those errors are recorded, so you actually see them.
i sign up for " Project Honey Pot " and entered the code in the security tab. but nothing has been changed,
That's quite possible, PHP is not foolproof, they can only screen those IP addresses that they identify or are reported to them.

please help me fixing this issue
There is not much we can do about, we just record 404s as they happen. That said, it's not an issue either: review and purge them on a regular basis.

If you need further information, and as you are on public forum, where we can only reply to pre-sale questions, please use the
helpdesk for additional communication.

Thanks and regards

This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.