Last post 8 min ago
Posts last week 89
Average response time last week 30 min
All time posts 67724
All time tickets 10465
All time avg. posts per day 21

Helpdesk is open from Monday through Friday CET

Please create an (free) account to post any question in the support area.
Please check the development versions area. Look at the changelog, maybe your specific problem has been resolved already!
All tickets are private and they cannot be viewed by anyone. We have made public only a few tickets that we found helpful, after removing private information from them.

#6442 – how to reduce 140 000 records

Posted in ‘Pre-sale questions’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Sunday, 06 August 2017 11:35 UTC
Mki
Hi

I have Joomla 1.5 and Virtuemar 1.1.9 and sh404sef 2.4.6

I jos:redirection i have around 140 000 recorids, but I only have 5000 products

How can I reduce number of items? Can you provide me sql query?

Thanks

Monday, 07 August 2017 10:12 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

I'm afraid this is not something we can provide an SQL for. I have no idea what sort of records are in the database, those would be VM URLs probably, in a very old format, and of course such an old sh404SEF version is totally unsupported, even for our actual customers.

It's going to be terribly complicated to find which URLs are needed and which are not, assuming some are not: it's not because you 5000 products that you should have 5000 URLs. There are multiple URLs per products, plus all the categories pages, etc

Rgds

Monday, 07 August 2017 17:45 UTC
Mki
Do you think something like this should work?

[code type="markup"]delete from jos_redirection where cpt = 0[/code]

My understanding it that it remove all pages which were never visited

Monday, 07 August 2017 20:41 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

That's possible, I really don't know. You should first:

- check that the most common URLs have a valid "cpt" fields, ie you are not going to delete ALL your URLs
- do this on a test copy of the site, not the real one.

Rgds

Tuesday, 08 August 2017 16:34 UTC
Mki
How it is possible that you dont know?

You are not author?

Tuesday, 08 August 2017 16:57 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

Yes, I am, I created it in 2006 and developed it since then. Do you think I remember every bit of detail of software that was released 7 or 8 years ago?
Even if you were a paying customer, which you are not, and even if this was a recent, supported version of sh404SEF, which it is not, what you are asking is way out of paying support limits. I am just trying to provide some general advice, but if you want to directly write or delete things in the database of a software that old, this is not something we can help you with. This topic is now closed for us, hope you can achieve what you want. Just be aware to test it all on a copy of your site before doing it on the real site.

Rgds

Monday, 14 August 2017 13:05 UTC
Mki
jos_redirection is table with 6 columns so it should not be hard to remember

I have another question. I have many entries where newurl is empty in db, what does it mean ? why it is empty?

thanks

This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.