Last post 2 hours 30 min ago
Posts last week 89
Average response time last week 30 min
All time posts 67681
All time tickets 10462
All time avg. posts per day 21

Helpdesk is open from Monday through Friday CET

Please create an (free) account to post any question in the support area.
Please check the development versions area. Look at the changelog, maybe your specific problem has been resolved already!
All tickets are private and they cannot be viewed by anyone. We have made public only a few tickets that we found helpful, after removing private information from them.

#6788 – Feature Possibility sh404sef?

Posted in ‘SEOInfo and other Weeblr extensions’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Wednesday, 10 April 2019 08:08 UTC
yo_ray
Hi

I don't know if there is another way for feature wishes or ideas and if you would implement such things

Just read a few blogs and saw comparisons from Joomla and Wordpress SEO Tools.

I am a user of sh404sef and love it.

But on the blogs i have read that ie. Yoast is the Tool that has the most power.
So i thought of looking into features of the Tool and wanted to ask if it is possible to expand the possibilitys of sh404sef more.

Maybe a first possibility would be the implementation of an sitemap feature. Because sh404sef has all the sites listed that are relevant it would be a great thing to add this feature.
One other thing is the number of the meta description is not actually. Could this be updated so its easier to be in the right length that google wants it.
Maybe there are other feature possibilities that yoast has and that could be implemented. Like an keyword helper/checker or such things for page score.

Thanks for your great work
Wednesday, 10 April 2019 08:26 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi Yo_ray

Thanks for your input. It's kinda of hard to compare SEO extensions across CMS as Joomla and WordPress are really different when it comes to SEO features out of the box.

Yoast is a very large extension famous for its content analysis tools and we are indeed looking at integrating this tool for Joomla. It's a rather advanced tool but it can be helpful in some context.

Because sh404sef has all the sites listed
That is exactly the problem with sitemap: a sitemap should NOT contain all the URLs on a site. They should be carefully selected and exclude a lot of URLs - which is hard to do correctly and efficiently. In addition, sitemap are not needed for most simple sites with proper navigation, which is why we never actually came around to implement a sitemap feature. We're constantly re-evaluating this though, so it might come.

One other thing is the number of the meta description is not actually. Could this be updated so its easier to be in the right length that google wants it.
They actually have never recommended anything and fluctuated quite a bit in recent years from showing shorter or longer description on average. So we don't really know what a good target could be. I have made the decision to leave it quite large so far (320), especially considering that in most cases (minimum 50-60%) Google will actually NOT show your description but one that is adapted to the searcher query.
With recent work I have done on our SEO browser extension, I will likely reduce that to 250 in the coming months.

Best regards

Wednesday, 10 April 2019 09:13 UTC
yo_ray
Thanks for your answer
Its nice to read that you are planning of new integrations to sh404sef to help us with new features!

Maybe then because there is no exact length yet it would be better to not display how many digits are left and it could be shown how many digits i typed or use both how many are typed and a recommendation of 160/250/320 or what you set

for the sitemap i agree but the possibility to activate or not which sites should be in the sitemap could be an easy way which i have in other sitemap extensions.
Monday, 15 April 2019 07:55 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

Maybe then because there is no exact length yet it would be better to not display how many digits are left and it could be shown how many digits i typed or use both how many are typed and a recommendation of 160/250/320 or what you set
You're probably right with that :) Point taken.

for the sitemap i agree but the possibility to activate or not which sites should be in the sitemap could be an easy way which i have in other sitemap extensions.
It would be easy to simply add a check box for each URL, whether to include or not. But that's only OK for small sites. And small sites (with proper navigation and linking) do not need sitemaps so that's pretty both your and my time wasted on that. I do have other options for larger sites though.

Best regards

This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.