Last post 3 hours 44 min ago
Posts last week 110
Average response time last week 29 min
All time posts 67424
All time tickets 10424
All time avg. posts per day 21

Helpdesk is open from Monday through Friday CET

Please create an (free) account to post any question in the support area.
Please check the development versions area. Look at the changelog, maybe your specific problem has been resolved already!
All tickets are private and they cannot be viewed by anyone. We have made public only a few tickets that we found helpful, after removing private information from them.

#6558 – Does sh404SEF work with SP Page Builder?

Posted in ‘Pre-sale questions’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Wednesday, 21 November 2018 17:50 UTC
CSouth
I have built pages using SP Page Builder, rather than using articles.
I need a SEO plug in.

If possible, I'd like to know if sh404SEF will work.
If you don't know, can i test it and get a refund if it doesn't work?

Wednesday, 21 November 2018 17:55 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

sh404SEF is not concerned about how the page is built as long as the extension uses the standard JOomla API. SP Page builder should be no problem.
We do refund.

Best regards

Wednesday, 21 November 2018 17:58 UTC
CSouth
Thanks! Maybe my search for a SEO plugin is over then!

Saturday, 17 August 2019 10:21 UTC
paxman
C Southgate wrote:

Thanks! Maybe my search for a SEO plugin is over then!

Any update on this? Were there any problems using the two systems together? The SP Page Builder forums suggest that sh404SEF indexes all website links including the SP Page Builder front-end editor pages. If this is true, then Google probably also indexes them to the detriment to SEO, no?
Saturday, 17 August 2019 15:20 UTC
CSouth
I found out later that it works in the sense that it will change the URLs but not in the sense that you can still build and edit with SP Page Builder once sh404SEF is installed. So, you build the pages and then switch on sh404SEF. If you want to add or edit pages after that, you have to do it on a test domain and then copy them over.

I never did find the functionality to say which pages I wanted excluded, but it must surely be there as this is a basic?

Monday, 19 August 2019 07:24 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

> but not in the sense that you can still build and edit with SP Page Builder once sh404SEF is installed.

Sorry to contradict here :) There does not exist such issue and I personally use SP Page builder on some friends sites so I know this for a fact. If you do encounter that issue, be sure to report it to support with a description of what happens when you try to create a page. There are many reasons why you could have a problem only when sh404SEF is enabled and yet it's nothing to do with sh404SEF!

Best regards

Monday, 19 August 2019 07:29 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

The SP Page Builder forums suggest that sh404SEF indexes all website links including the SP Page Builder front-end editor pages. If this is true, then Google probably also indexes them to the detriment to SEO, no?
sh404SEF does not index anything. At all. That sounds like a lot of confusion happening on that forum :)

sh404SEF simply converts non-SEF URLs as created by Joomla and extensions into SEF ones. If you do not have sh404SEF, that job is done by Joomla itself (sh404SEF just does it better ;) )

So whether you have sh404SEF running or not does not change what Google indexes from your site (unless of course you use sh404SEF to hide pages from Google which is one of its features).
But out of the box, search engines indexing is about the same with Joomla and sh404SEF. The only real, practical SEO difference is that with sh404SEF you know you won't have duplicate content.

Best regards

This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.