Last post 3 hours 24 min ago
Posts last week 89
Average response time last week 30 min
All time posts 67708
All time tickets 10463
All time avg. posts per day 21

Helpdesk is open from Monday through Friday CET

Please create an (free) account to post any question in the support area.
Please check the development versions area. Look at the changelog, maybe your specific problem has been resolved already!
All tickets are private and they cannot be viewed by anyone. We have made public only a few tickets that we found helpful, after removing private information from them.

#6572 – Can the module sh404SEF remove the category from the URL without removing the category itself or change structure?

Posted in ‘Pre-sale questions’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Wednesday, 06 February 2019 16:28 UTC
Houdang
Hi,
as mentioned in the subject, Can the module sh404SEF remove the category from the URL without removing the category itself or change structure?

We want to shorten the url, but keep the structure regarding categories for the pages.
Means we only want to remove the category from 4/5 links for one category.

Ist this possible with this module?

Thanks for a qzick feedback, we are in hurry :-)

Felix

Wednesday, 06 February 2019 16:41 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

remove the category from the URL without removing the category itself or change structure?
Not sure what you mean by that. Having category or not is what we refer to as URL structure. And I'm not sure I understand "remove the category from the URL without removing the category"

We want to shorten the url, but keep the structure regarding categories for the pages.

Means we only want to remove the category from 4/5 links for one category.
You can always manually change the URL for any link as described in the documentation on this page.

Best regards

Thursday, 21 February 2019 14:18 UTC
Houdang
What i meant is we have an url like this:

example.org/category-1/category-2/item-name.html

And we want now to remove the category from the url only - the category structure (menu etc.) itself should be still their.
Means
The only change will be the url will become:
example.org/item-name.html

Is this possible?

In https://weeblr.com/documentation/products.sh404sef/4/going-further/sef-urls/customize-sef-url.html i do not see if I can just change the URL of the item, or the whole url of the menu entry the item is linked to.

Thanks for your response !!!

Thursday, 21 February 2019 15:33 UTC
wb_weeblr
Hi

the whole url of the menu entry the item is linked to.

sh404SEF does not use menu items at all to build URLs so how that category or article is linked from does not matter: the URL will always be the same, so Yes, you do not have to touch your menus to achieved what you want.

As for the URL structure, due to the fact we do not use menu, it's fully configurable. Here is a partial vue of the configuration options:

Best regards

This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.